Home

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In love again

“If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself.”
-- Barbara De Angelis

*******

It’s been a long while
The last time I felt this love deep inside
The love that can save my soul, my heart…my life essentially
The love that no other human love can compare

It is empowering
It is reflective of my strength as a person
It is not love for martyrdom.
It is not love for temporary relief for boredom
It is not love for a game
It is not the typical love that withers through time.

It is just there in our hearts.
We never lose it.
We just forget about it sometimes.
But it is everlasting.

When cupid plays with out hearts
We do forget about it
We are fooled by the temporary love other people offer
Only to regret in the end

This season is a reason for a celebration.
Yeah really, coz I love myself even more now.
Cheers to singlehood!

*********

“Loving yourself is a prerequisite to creating a successful and authentic union with another. The relationship you have with yourself is the central relationship.”

“Self-love is the greatest of all flatterers”
--
François de la Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment