Home

Saturday, October 10, 2009

The inspiring new world



My work starts at 8am and ends at 7pm. Yeah, at Congress we follow the compressed workweek style. So we save Friday for our personal moment, in addition to the normal weekend. I do work on Fridays at home but the feeling is relaxed since I have my own time. In the mornings of my work days, I don’t have to fight with the annoying sound of alarm clock just so I could be on time for work. Oh well, we don’t have bandy clock. And there’s nobody who calls the roll hahaha (unlike before!).

Though I always don’t get to the office at exactly 8:00am, I bid every day with a great feeling of accomplishment, for job well appreciated, though unstated.

In the office, we are our own boss. If you don’t work, it’s up to you. If you do, then, great. Of course, I choose the latter. We do have a boss who tells us what to do but doesn’t man us 10 hours a day. He knows we are doing our work and he trusts our ability to perform our duties well if not best. He believes in our capacities and that’s the most important I may say.

From time to time I go to the Coop-NATCCO partylist office at Project 4, QC for meetings or for other extra curricular works like packing relief goods. We are not compelled but we do. In the cooperative world, you don’t have to wait to be requested but initiate. That’s the spirit of cooperation and team work.

I meet a lot of people from different places and I do enjoy conversing with them. They are kind and professional in their works and they respect each other. I love the environment I am in today. Thanks to QC Times which made way for me to know about Coop-NATCCO.

Looking forward to more learning experiences!

2 comments: